How To Install Your Topaz Labs Program Into Lightroom Classic
Your Topaz Labs programs should install to Lightroom automatically during the installation of the program. If they do not, you can easily install them manually using the steps in this article.
NOTE for DeNoise AI on Mac: If you are a Mac user and have DeNoise AI 3.4 or higher, the manual instructions outlined WILL NOT work. DeNoise 3.4 or higher for Mac must be installed into Lightroom with the installer. You can follow these instructions if needed:
DeNoise AI Stopped Working From Photoshop Or Lightroom When I Updated To DeNoise AI v3.4 Or Higher
DeNoise AI 3.3 and earlier
- Jpeg to Raw and Mask AI are not designed to function with Lightroom.
- Lightroom CC (the cloud version of Lightroom) does not support external editors such as our apps.
How To Install To Lightroom Classic
1) Go to your Lightroom Preferences options. On Windows this is Edit > Preferences. On Mac, you'll go to Lightroom Classic > Preferences.
2. Go to the External Editing tab:
3. About halfway down, you'll see the Additional External Editor section. Click "Choose." 4. Navigate to your desired application. The default location on Mac is Applications/Topaz Labs LLC (for current programs). On Windows, it is C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC.
5. Open the folder of the desired program.
6. Select the program file itself from within the file. We'll use Sharpen AI is used as an example here.
7. Click the Preset dropdown. Then select "Save Current Setting as New Preset."
8. Give your new preset a name. Our default is Topaz Sharpen AI, Topaz DeNoise AI, etc. When completed, your preset name and program should show together like this:
Access The Plugin
After you exit the Lightroom preferences, there are several ways to invoke the plugin.
Option 1: Go to Photo > Edit In and pick the Topaz Labs software from the drop-down list
Option 2: Right click your preview image and select Edit In
Option 3: Right click any of the images in the filmstrip and select Edit In.