How To Install Topaz Labs Plugins To Photoshop CS6 (Mac and Windows)
Photoshop CS6 is a legacy version of Photoshop prior to Adobe's switch to a subscription model that is no longer supported by Adobe. As a result, it is no longer supported by Topaz Labs either. However, it is often still possible to install your Topaz Labs plugins to CS6 manually if desired.
- Sharpen AI, DeNoise AI, Adjust AI, Mask AI, and Studio 2 can work as plugins in Photoshop CS6.
- Gigapixel and Jpeg to Raw DO NOT function with Photoshop CS6.
These instructions will not work with Photoshop CC or Photoshop 2015 or higher.
How To Install To Photoshop CS6 (Mac)
1) Go to your Preferences menu in Photoshop CS6 and select Plug-ins.
2) Check/Enable the Additional Plug-ins Folder option then click Choose.
3) Navigate to Finder > Applications > Topaz Labs LLC and select the Topaz Labs LLC folder. Do not open the folder and pick anything inside. Be sure you are selecting the entire Topaz Labs LLC folder.
3) Click Ok to save your changes, then restart Photoshop CS6. Once Photoshop opens, go to your Filter menu and you should be able to access your Topaz Labs plugins.
How To Install To Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
1) Go to the following path for your Topaz Labs product:
2) Navigate to the program you want to install as a plugin. The default installation of our programs can be found at C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC.
3) In each program folder, you'll find a PS_Plugins_x64 folder. In that folder will be a plugin file such as tltopazsharpenaips_x64, etc that matches the program folder you're in. Right-click the plugin file and select Create Shortcut.
4) Cut the shortcut using Ctrl + X while selecting the shortcut file or by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting Cut.
5) Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins. Paste your copied shortcut file in this folder.
6) Close Photoshop CS6 and any open Topaz Labs programs. Now open Photoshop CS6 and your plugins should appear under the Filter menu.