If Impression or Glow installed correctly but is immediately crashing in Windows, the issue is almost always with your outdated Intel Graphics driver software.
You will need to install the latest drivers from Intel, rather than from your computer's manufacturer (i.e. Dell). Windows Auto Detect also will not install the latest drivers.
Supported Intel Video Graphics Hardware for Impression:
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
With Iris™ Graphics 5200, 5100
With Intel® HD Graphics 5000, 4600, 4400, 4200
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
With Intel® HD Graphics 4000, 2500
If you do not have one of the Intel cards above, your computer is currently not compatible with Impression. To test for which Intel hardware you have, run this application: Open GL Testing Utility for Windows
Here is a link to the latest driver for the cards listed above: Intel Driver Updates
After accepting Intel's "terms of service", download the zipped driver software. Locate the file after it completes and move it to your Desktop for easy locating later on... It will most likely install to "downloads" or your default Windows download folder.
You will most likely want to print these directions or view them on a mobile device.
Next, uninstall your current Intel driver:
- Open the Add/Remove Programs window using the steps provided for your operating system: Windows 7*: Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features. Windows 8 and 8.1*: Press the Windows key and the X key together, select Programs and Features.
- Find the Intel Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
- Right click Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts stated by the Intel Installation Framework window to complete the process.
- Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
Your computer may be in a lower resolution (items on screen will be bigger). This is temporary.
The next step is to run the file that you saved on your Desktop to install the new driver.
After installing, reboot your computer. You should now be in a normal resolution. Please try running Impression.