If you already own Impression, this is a free upgrade. Simply go to our downloads page to update your software.
As for uninstalling the previous version, there's no need. Decimal updates (i.e. 1.1 to 1.0) will override the current version you have. Updates by a whole number, like 1 to 2 or 5 to 6, will not override but create a new application.
Here's what's new in version 1.1:
1. Split view modes. You can now view the original and edited image in 5 different viewing modes.
2. New shortcut keys. These shortcut keys have been added:
- Zoom in or out: Ctrl/Cmd +,-
- Switch the preset panel to the selective parameter panel: Shift + P (or simply press P)
- Cancel: Esc
- Ok: Ctrl/Cmd + Return (Enter)
- Start with example image – allows you to opt out of starting with the default example image
- Start With Preset Panel – by unchecking this it’ll forgo opening the preset panel by default and instead will open with the selective parameters (or sliders)
- Update Slider value while dragging
- High Resolution processing
4. New brushes and presets. 50+ new presets and 3 brushes have been added into the 1.1. update. In addition, there is one new collection, the Pictorial Collection.
5. New selective parameters. A Coverage Center and Vignette Center have been added. You can now choose where the coverage and vignette is centered on the x & y axis.
6. New zoom options. A new zoom capability has been added in the top left menu of the interface. When zooming in or out, in the top right corner of the interface a navigation screen has been added. Use the mouse to scroll in and out. When zoomed all the way, the ‘+’ navigation option will appear. To make it disappear, zoom all the way out.
7. Background color picker (Mac only). You can now choose a color from your image for the background. Click on the magnifying glass adjacent to the color to sample a hue in your image.
Version 1.1.1 was released on October 31st, 2014. Along with minor bug fixes, here's what's new:
1. Three new sliders.
- Stroke Rotation: rotates the angle of the brushstroke.
- Rotation Variation: makes the rotation less uniform.
- Stroke Color Rotation: a stroke paint deviation slider. If your paint color is yellow, then actual shades of yellow will be applied, not one uniform color.
2. New background type option. You now have the ability to use the original image as the background (instead of a solid color). Find this option under the Texture module.