These steps should be followed when you receive a message that states your hardware is not compatible, but you are using the drivers supplied for you Graphics Card from the manufacturer's website (NVIDIA, ATI, Intel, etc.)
- Download the .zip driver package.
- Locate the downloaded file, right-click it, and extract the contents to a folder of your choosing. Take note of this location. You’ll need it below.
- Right-click on the Start Menu/Windows logo and select Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, expand Display Adapters category and then double-click on the entry that appears below it – the Intel HD Graphics Family.
- Click the Driver Tab → Update Driver → Browse my computer for driver software.
- Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer -> Have disk.
- “Browse” and browse to the folder where you extracted the download above, followed by the “Graphics” sub-folder → Click to highlight the file titled “*****.inf” and then click Open, followed by OK and Next.
- Upon completion of the installation, reboot even if not prompted to. On reboot, you’re done.
This video will show you how to do this, step by step: