How to update to ReMask 5 from previous versions
With ReMask 5 adding standalone capability, some changes have taken place that you'll need to know about, first. These can be found in our Topaz ReMask 5 System Requirements article, as well:
- ReMask 5 must first be launched from the /Applications/ folder on your Mac, and from the C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz ReMask 5\ folder on your PC.
- ReMask 5 is now compatible with Lightroom, but will not be located in the Fusion Express 2 window (see below for how to set up with Lightroom).
- ReMask 5 requires 64bit Windows 7 or later, and will not work on 32bit systems. ReMask 5 also requires OS X 10.9 or newer. If you are not able to update to 64bit or OS X 10.9, for a limited time you can install ReMask 4 with this installer:
- ReMask 5 (and all applications going forward) requires at least OpenGL 2.1. This is something we are not able to get around, and if your Graphics Card does not support OpenGL 2.1 at the moment, you can possibly update your driver to add that support:
Now that we've gotten this out of the way, here's how to update!
- First, visit our Downloads Page, and scroll down to the ReMask 5 installer link, and click the button for your Operating System (Mac or PC).
- Next, launch the installer you downloaded (located in your Downloads directory)
- Please see platform specific instructions:
- If you are using a Mac, you will see a drag-and-drop installer, that requires you to move the icon from left to right, into the Applications folder. Here's a video showing that process: How to Install ReMask 5 - Mac. This is different from previous Mac installers for ReMask, so make sure you follow the steps!
- If you are using a PC, the installer has not changed. The only change to the installer in Windows is the install location (C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\). This will be the same place that Impression and Glow are installed to, if you have those products. An installation video for this process will be coming soon!
If you still have issues updating, please reach out to our Support Team by creating a ticket in our system!