The Recommended RAW Workflow in Lightroom Classic for Topaz Photo AI
Topaz Photo AI will automatically install a plugin to your Lightroom Classic. This plugin sends your RAW file directly to Topaz Photo AI and enables:
- our demosaicing algorithm, displaying your RAW image with more detail.
- our RAW denoising algorithm, the best noise reduction for your RAW image.
- Select your RAW image in Lightroom Classic.
- Go to File > Plug-in Extras > Process with Topaz Photo AI.
- Save your image in Topaz Photo AI and automatically import the DNG file to your Lightroom catalog.
An Example Workflow Using the Plugin
Follow this workflow to improve your RAW image quality and prepare it for editing.
- Import your images to Lightroom Classic.
- Review, rate, and cull images to select the best ones to edit.
- Select the RAW images you want to continue editing and use File > Plug-in Extras > Process with Topaz Photo AI to maximize your image quality.
- Make image quality adjustments in Topaz Photo AI and save the file back to Lightroom Classic.
- Select the improved DNG file and continue editing, applying exposure changes, color changes, masking, etc.
Tips for Using the Plugin
RAW Edits (XMP Support)
The RAW plugin does not preserve edits made to your RAW images *yet* (we will support this soon). If you make edits to your RAW file, you can transfer the edits from the original RAW to the Topaz Photo AI processed DNG by selecting the original, right click or cmd + click, Develop Settings > Copy Settings. Then go to the Topaz Photo AI processed image and right click or cmd + click, Develop Settings > Paste Settings.
To batch process with the plugin, select multiple images from your Library Grid View or the Filmstrip and use File > Plug-in Extras > Process with Topaz Photo AI. This will send all selected images to Topaz Photo AI in one batch. Save all files to process each one and import it back to Lightroom Classic.